Experience the quintessential 17th-century British ritual of afternoon tea. Admire the classic white marble of the Eastern & Oriental Hotel, enjoy a selection of savory and sweet treats, and choose from an array of teas such as Earl Grey, Chamomile, and Jasmine Gold.
Named for the year that the Eastern & Oriental Hotel was established, 1885 offers a traditional afternoon tea served on elegant candlelit tables, starched white linen, and silver service by professional and attentive staff. Start your English-inspired afternoon with your choice of a selection of finger sandwiches, cakes, as well as hot and cold pastries.
Continue your refined experience with traditional plain and raisin scones served with strawberry jam, clotted cream, and paired with a delightful herbal tea of your choice. After sipping your tea and nibbling on snacks, wander through the unique building and enjoy the hotel's magnificent ocean view.
Sample menu includes:
- Smoked Beef Brisket, Mustard Mayonnaise, and Gherkin Slice on Village Bread
- Cucumber, Tomato with Cream Cheese and Sour Cream on Marble Toast Bread
- Cheese and Tomatoes Roll
- Smoked Salmon Roll, Parsley Butter on Poppy Seed Roll
- Egg Mayonnaise in Mini Croissant
- Marinated Chicken, Crunchy Celery, Horseradish Cream in Mini Vol Au Vent
- Marinated Tuna Flakes on Whole Meal Loaf
- Raisin and Plain Scones with Strawberry Jam and Cream
- Earl Grey
- Jasmine Gold
- Mint and Fresh
- English Breakfast
- Pure Chamomile