Sarawak Gunung Gading National Park
Sarawak Nature Tours
Overland transfer about 2hrs from your hotel to Gading National Park. A trip to Gunung Gading may be incomplete without catching the rare sight of the blooming Raffesia. However, these unique plants bloom infrequently and have brief flowering period. Gading is the home to numerous rare plants including the world's largest flower, the Rafflesia tuan-mudae (bunga pakma) At full bloom this giant flower streches nearly one meter in width.The flowers can be found on specific vines like the host plant and develop into a bud which then becomes a gigantic flower, brownish red in colour. It stays in full bloom for about a week only. The main pollinator for this flower is the carrion fly.A comfortable plank walk makes the area where Rafflesia is commonly found accessible. The plank walk looms from a loop, which takes about one hour to complete, allowing time to enjoy the forest scenery along the way. Park rangers may be able to take you on a guided walk to a Rafflesia site and may even take you deeper into the forest if the plant is flowering there. Transfer back to your hotel after the tour.
Things You Should Know:
Wear comfortable walking shoes, light clothing, Sarawak being in the tropics, it is advisable to dress light. Bring Camera for those unforgettable moments/ Swimming Suit/Bath Towel /Suntan Lotion/Sunhat/PonchoRead More
- Batu Caves, Royal Selangor & Batik Half-Day Tour
- Sunway Lagoon Theme Park Admission with RM10 Meal Voucher
- Nature & Elephant Sanctuary Tour
- Historical City of Malacca Full-Day Tour
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- Glittering Fireflies Night Tour with Dinner
- City Half-Day Tour
- Aquaria KLCC Admission
- Dining in the Clouds at the KL Tower with Transfer
- Kuala Lumpur Tower Observation Deck
Sorry but we are temporarily not selling this tour.