Sarawak Annah Rais Longhouse Tour
Sarawak Cultural Tours
Most Bidayuh longhouses are located nearer villages and towns. This has led to urban migration especially for the younger generation and the result is a new take on communal living. On arrival at Annah Rais, the sight that greets you is a thriving village which bears no resemblance to a longhouse. As you navigate the detached homes you will notice that they are interconnected by walkways which in itself is still an affirmation of extended family living – perhaps just not in the traditional “entire village under one roof” longhouse sense. As you approach what is the heart of the village, this is where the original longhouse structure is, over a century old. Some old folks still cling to their original home. Annah Rais is considered one of the most beautiful longhouses in Sarawak, cradled by the mountains and a beautiful freshwater stream. Transfer back to your hotel after the tour.
Things You Should Know:
Wear comfortable walking shoes & light clothing. Sarawak being in the tropics, it is advisable to dress light. Bring Camera for those unforgettable moments / Suntan lotion / Sun Hat / Simple raincoat or ponchoRead More
- Batu Caves, Royal Selangor & Batik Half-Day Tour
- Sunway Lagoon Theme Park Admission with RM10 Meal Voucher
- Nature & Elephant Sanctuary Tour
- Historical City of Malacca Full-Day Tour
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- Glittering Fireflies Night Tour with Dinner
- City Half-Day Tour
- Aquaria KLCC Admission
- Dining in the Clouds at the KL Tower with Transfer
- Kuala Lumpur Tower Observation Deck
Sorry but we are temporarily not selling this tour.