Penang Heritage with Trishaw Tour
Penang City Tours
Our guests will begin their journey by going to the Penang Art Gallery &State Museum which is allocated at Lebuh Farquhar; additionally, it’s one of the most popular attractions in Malaysia. The building which houses the museum was built in 1821 and it was the former site of the Penang Free School which is the oldest English school in South East Asia. Generally, it showcases old photographs, maps, charts, historical relics, paintings of early Penang. All of the showcases provide visitors an insight to the history of Penang.
*It’s closed on Friday and will be replaced by the Fort Cornwallis.
The Fort Cornwallis is an old star-shaped fort. The Fort Cornwallis is the largest standing fort in Malaysia. The Esplanade, next to the fort, is a popular waterfront promenade which stretches from the hawker stalls at one end to the clock tower at the other. The central in the Esplanade is a Padang which is a huge square of town green. Also, proudly standing beside the Esplanade, the City Hall is a stately colonial building which is a fine example of British Palladian architecture.
After that, guests will be taken to the Peranakan Baba & Nyonya Mansion which was a prominent community of acculturated Chinese unique to the part of the world, especially in the Straits Settlements (Penang, Malacca & Singapore). At the Pinang Peranakan Mansion, the typical home of a rich Baba of a century ago is recreated to offer a glimpse of their opulent lifestyle and of their many customs and traditions. With over 1,000 pieces of antiques and collectibles of the era on display, this Baba-Nyonya museum is also housed in one of Penang’s heritage mansion of eclectic design and architecture.
Next, our guests will stop by the side of Kapitan Keling Mosque Street formerly known as Pitt Street and earlier day it is known as The Street of Harmony due to the main places of worship like St George Church, Kuan Yin Chinese Temple, Sri Mahariammam Hindus Temple and Kapitan Keling Mosque. Penang’s oldest Hindu temple which was built in 1883, is filled with colorful statues of Hindu deities. Among the priceless possessions of this ornate building is a statue of Lord Subramaniam richly decorated with gold, silver, diamonds and emerald. During Thaipusam festival, the statue is taken on a chariot procession by Hindu devotees.
Kuan Yin Temple is the next place that guests will proceed to. This temple is also known as the Temple of the Goddess of Mercy. This popular Taoist temple is located close to the Kapitan Kling Mosque. Believed to be the oldest temple in Penang, it was built in the 1800s by early Chinese settlers. Kuan Yin was a being who had actually attained Nirvana but stayed behind to save those souls who did not escaped the world of suffering.
Lastly, guests will have chance to purchase some local products at Local Products Centre and some chocolates at Cocoa Boutique.
Penang Heritage with Trishaw Tour
Pick up from hotel
Place to visit:
- Penang Art Gallery & State Museum
- Fort Cornwallis
- Peranakan Baba & Nyonya Mansion
- The street of Harmony
- Kuan Yin Temple
- 15 Minutes Trishaw Ride
- Dinner at Gurney Drive Hawker Centre (Own Expenses)
- Local Night Market
Transfer back to hotels
- Hotel Transfer
- Trishaw Ride (15 Minutes)
- Entrance Fee
- Tour duration: 8 hours
Terms & Conditions
- Rates quoted are nett with driver and guide where applicable (unless otherwise stated).
- Rates quoted are for Private & Joining Group/Sit In Coach (SIC) for tours or packages (unless stated otherwise).
- SIC booking is for a minimum of 2 persons, for single person travel, private rate applies.
- Expenses other than those specified in each tour itinerary or any items of a personal nature are not included in the rates quoted.
- Rates exclude entrance fees to places of visit (unless stated otherwise).
- All entrance fees quoted are subject to change without prior notice.
- A surcharge is applicable during peak season/hour and will be advised via email.
- In event of unforeseen circumstances, the management reserves the right to alter, amend or withdraw the package anytime with or without prior notice.
- Booking is NOT confirmed until a confirmation number is advised and FULL PAYMENT is collected.
- A valid credit card number is required with all reservations. Debit Cards are not accepted.
- Upon confirmation of service/s immediate full payment is required
- Amendment and Cancellation Policy:
- All refunds part or in full will be in MYR; AWD will not be responsible for loses due to currency exchange rates at time of refund.
- Any changes to your reservation, amendment in booking dates, hour or vehicle type in full or in part, must be made through our office and NOT through the service provider.
- The amendments must be made in writing from your original email address, quoting the booking reference number. All amendment requests are subject to reconfirmation and availability.
- Amendment and Cancellation fees:
Amendment Amendment with no change in value MYR 25 per booking Amendment with partial Refund 5% of the total refund value or MYR50 whichever is higher. Amendment with increase in value No amendment fees (difference in value of service have to be paid) Cancellation /Refund Penalty 30 days before departure 5% of total value or MYR 50 whichever greater. 20 days before departure 25% of the total value. 15 days before departure 50% of the total value. Less than 14 days NO REFUND
- Pick-up Arrangement
- Pick up time at Hotel Lobby for tours/transfers will be advised on your Confirmation Service Voucher.
- You will be required to present your service voucher at point of pick up for each service/tour. The service provider has the right not to serve you if you fail to produce the voucher upon request.
- The maximum waiting time at the airport is strictly 2 hours from estimated time of arrival (ETA) including customs & immigration clearance. Any waiting time beyond 2 hours may incur waiting charges and this has to be paid on site directly to the driver. AWD shall not be responsible for the additional charges incurred by Guest.
- In event you miss your pick-up due to any reasons, you will be required to make your own arrangements upon arrival and NO REFUND will be granted.
- Maximum waiting time for tour departure is 15 minutes from the stated pick-up time; if you miss your pick up you will be responsible to make your own arrangement at your own cost; NO REFUND will be granted.
- All transfers/tours have been prepaid by you at time of booking; please do not pay for any services at time of transfers/tours unless stated otherwise. AWD will not be responsible if you are approached by unauthorized agents/persons and NO REFUND will be granted.
- It is your responsibility to provide the accurate flight information at time of booking to ensure proper transfer arrangement. The Management has the right to forfeit the charges if flight information is inaccurate.
- Our Client Services must be notified of any changes to your flight schedule, at least 24 hours prior to departure. If you fail to do so, you may not receive the service and no refund will be granted.
- Child Policy: Child Rate applicable for children aged between 2 to 12 years. (Unless stated otherwise.)
- Guests are encouraged to purchase own travel insurance.
Planning your holiday?Travelling as a group?We can help!
Let us arrange your holiday: Tell us your length of stay, budget limit or number of guests and we do the rest. We can design a holiday or tour to suit you, plus special discounts for groups. Contact us here or CALL US at Thailand : +66 2 787 3379, Malaysia : 007-803-011-4583