Tioman Island PADI Rescue & EFR Course Package (5D4N)
Tioman Island Diving Packages
As you may be already aware, to start your PADI Rescue Diver course you need to be a certified Emergency First Responder (EFR) or equivalent first aid licence which includes CPR.
In the EFR course, B&J will train you professionally in Primary and Secondary First Aid care. The program includes some videos, you ‘self-studying’ the EFR participant manual, then practicing all the different skills of Primary and Secondary care in the classroom.
Once you’ve completed your EFR course or if you already have an equivalent education, you can join the PADI Rescue Diver course. In this course you learn a lot about self-rescue, rescuing other divers and the management of dive related accidents. It consists mainly of:
- Self-study of the Rescue Diver Manual and completion of knowledge Reviews
- Final Exam
- Self rescue during diving (cramps, out of air, entanglement etc.)
- Stress recognition
- Rescuing others on the surface (e.g. panic diver, unconscious diver, tired diver) and underwater (unconscious victim)
- Resuscitation on the surface, whilst towing a diver to shore/boat
- Finding a missing diver
- Completion of Rescue Scenarios 1 through 4
The EFR and Rescue Diver courses can be completed in some 4 days and the courses include everything you need including manuals, dive equipment rental and certification.